McKinney Avenue is the main street that runs through the Uptown area, which is located just north of downtown Dallas. Uptown is typically thought of as the most metropolitan part of the city. This neighborhood is filled with boutique shopping, trendy eateries, and most importantly the hustle and bustle of people everywhere. One of the fantastic and very unique features is the McKinney Avenue Trolley, which runs through Uptown free of charge (unless individually chartered for large groups). The trolley makes several stops at different locations such as; the West Village, the Dallas Theater Center, the Meyerson Symphony Center, the Dallas Museum of Art and many more of Dallas’ historic sites. McKinney Avenue/Uptown is home to many newly constructed apartment complexes, townhomes, and lofts. Another well known sector of Uptown is referred to as the State Thomas area. There are beautiful three story townhomes and apartment communities in State Thomas. If you are looking for a bustling urban environment, McKinney Avenue is most likely the right place for you
- Allure of West Village Allure of West Village welcomes you to your new home, complete with luxurious appointments, understated yet powerful elegance, and meticulously detailed amenities.
- The House At The House, we believe that personality should be reflected in all aspects of life. Whether it’s nature meshing with urban themes, experimental elements meeting industrial backdrops, haute couture in a bustling city…
- Gables Villa Rosa Combining elegance and comfort, the Gables Villa Rosa welcomes you to your new home. With first floor dining and shopping, residents meet superior apartment living with an elegant combination of living and playing.
1900 McKinney Do you love traveling and staying at the finest hotels so you can experience first class service? Then sign the dotted line for your new home at 1900 McKinney!
Trianon by Windsor Here at the Trianon by Windsor in Uptown, they have a total commitment to better living. It’s their motto! They believe that you deserve the finest resort-style living that doesn’t sacrifice comfort and serenity.
Dining & Nightlife
- Nick & Sam’s Grill An energetic comfortable bistro ambiance with sleek design and great customer service. Offering one of the best brunches in town. 2816 Fairmount St. (214) 303-1880
- Ghost Bar 33rd floor, rooftop ultra- lounge where the beautiful people soak up the gorgeous views. 2440 Victory Park Lane (214) 720-9919
- Nobu This sushi restaurant is the one of the most recognized Japanese restaurant, known for its innovative new style cuisine paired with a hip crowd and celebrity following. 400 Crescent Court (214) 252-7000
- Krimson & Klover The shop may be housed in an old Victorian, but the clothes here are for the thoroughly modern urbanite. Pretty silk tops, tunics, jeans, dresses and accessories work well for work or at play, depending on accessories. 3111 Cole Ave #101 (214) 871-2334
- Flirt Boutique This comfortable shop offers affordable, fashionable clothing and accessories. 2633 McKinney Ave. (214) 754-7001
- West Village In the heart of Uptown lies a genuine in-town neighborhood catering to the urban dwellers of Dallas. This is a place where bustling cafes, restaurants and lounges spill onto the streets. Sidewalks lined with trees accommodate the strolling shoppers. The classic American architecture offers a creative-edge and an enduring spirit. Since opening in 2001, the development has added two additional phases with its largest expansion yet to come. West Village is an evolving, walkable shopping and dining district.
- McKinney Avenue Trolley The M-Line’s air conditioned and heated restored vintage trolley’s run 365 days a year, providing safe, clean, reliable, and convenient public transportation Free Of ChargeDiva’s loves and supports the MATA!
- Crooked Tree Coffeehouse This Dallas neighborhood coffeehouse has a living room feel. This shop offers breakfast pastries, croissants and delicious scones. A supporter of local artist community by rotating art from different artists in the area and providing a venue for musicians to play music. 2414 Routh St. (214) 953-1142
- Spa at the Crescent Offers 77 one-of-a-kind treatments and services for men and women in 16 state-of-the-art treatment rooms. Luxurious product lines and discreet and knowledgeable service create a spa rivaling others in far-flung locations around the world. 400 Crescent Court. (214) 953-4387
- Katy Trail A jogging, walking, inline skating, and bicycling path that runs through the Oak Lawn and Uptown areas. One of Dallas’ best recreation spots!
- Magnolia Theatre Exuding the beauty and warmth of an upscale restaurant, the theatre attracts a mixture of sophisticated, intelligent, upscale adults seeking an alternative to the megaplex madhouse. 3699 McKinney Ave., Suite 100 (214) 764-9106
- Uptown Yoga The exposed brick walls, wood flooring, and warm natural
light cultivate groundedness. Located in the State Thomas Historic District. 2636 Thomas Ave. (214) 965-9642